Sloan Nursery & Christmas Trees- Accessibility Policy
Our farm’s commitment to visitors with disabilities
We want every visitor:
- To feel welcome
- To be physically and emotionally comfortable while visiting our farm
- To have ready access to the information they seek
- To feel they are being served appropriately should they have a disability and in a way that respects their dignity and independence
- To feel that all visitors have the same opportunity to access or goods and services
- We will communicate with people who have disabilities in ways that take into account their disability
- Our staff will be trained to speak directly of by phone in a manner that can be clearly understood by a person with hearing or comprehensive impairments
- Our signage and public information will be clear to read and understand
- Our wheelchair accessible washroom will be clearly marked
- Our staff will be trained on how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- Certain staff, (currently William Sloan Jr. and Nicole Newport) will be designated to insure that any person from our farm who is dealing with the public will be trained to communicate with and assist persons with disabilities
- This liaison person or persons will establish policies on providing accessible programs, goods and services to visitors to our farm with disabilities. These policies will be in compliance with the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07
- The liaison(s) will monitor our programs, goods and services to ensure that practices and procedures are consistent with our governing policies.
Service Animals and Support Persons
- Our farm will welcome people who are accompanied by a service animal or an assistant 3rd party.
- Our staff will be trained on how to interact with people who are accompanied by a service animal
- Support persons will be welcome and treated with respect as the valuable asset they are to the disabled person
Modifications to this or other policies
We are committed to developing accessibility policies that respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. No changes, therefore, will be made to this policy before considering the impact on people with disabilities or their families. Any policy of Sloan Nursery & Christmas Trees that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
-Adopted August 12, 2012
If you have any suggestions or concerns about accessibility to the products or facilities at Sloan Nursery & Christmas Trees, or if you would like a copy of our Accessibility Policy or the governments accessibility standards for customer service-Ontario regulation 429/07
- Call us at 519-695-3525 ask for Travis, William Sloan or Nicole Newport
- Speak to the person working in the nursery office
- e-mail us at email@example.com
If you were not able to speak directly to a person responsible for accessibility issues at our business, your message will be relayed to that person and they will contact you promptly.
When the nature of the concern is fully understood and have heard any suggestions you might have, we will take what steps we can to improve the situation. We want you to enjoy your next visit to our establishment.